Do you know the true value of your points or miles?
This article is one of the best pieces we’ve seen about the current state of the upgrade game and how airlines decide who to upgrade. It lays out the best ways to make sure you get upgraded, even if you don’t have status or don’t even fly that much:
- Use miles: If you buy an economy fare, you can often still use frequent-flier miles to buy an upgrade.
- Bid on an upgrade using Plusgrade.
- Pick your plane: Alter your strategy based on the number of premium seats aboard your flight. FlightNuts recommends SeatGuru.
- Avoid business routes: Flights with a lot of business travelers tend to have the most elite upgrade competition, so avoid them.
- Track your flight capacity: Use your airline’s mobile app (many now have real time upgrades info) or a site like ExpertFlyer.com to keep tabs on how quickly premium seats are being snatched up for your particular flight.
You can also buy upgrade miles here!
More From the FlightNuts Blog
- Great Deal: San Francisco to Las Vegas for 1666 Points on Southwest.
- Capital One® Spark® Miles Select for Business Review
- Hot Deal: NYC-London for 12,500 Miles on Virgin Atlantic Through Holidays
- Barclaycard Arrival Plus™ World Elite MasterCard® Review: Easy, Stress-Free Travel Rewards
- Capital One® Venture® Rewards Credit Card: $400 off your trip / 40,000 points
- i have a $500 Delta Airline Giftcard which can be used to put towards any flight on Delta Airlines (168928 views)
- Lufthansa 260,000 (1338 views)
- Mentoring Matters – Need Miles For Florida Trip (1267 views)
- i want to sell united mileage 300k miles online payments only! (800 views)
- Selling an AA flight Egift card of $500 (774 views)
- i want to sell my delta skymiles 60k (687 views)
- Big Family needs Points! 500,000 total! (619 views)
- i want to sell southwest rapid reward 94,459 points (604 views)
- 140,000 American Airline Miles Needed Immediately (568 views)
- Will Barter StoryBrand Marketing Help for Miles (551 views)