For small business owners, the Capital One® Spark® Miles Select for Business offers long-term value and extreme flexibility, at a minimal expense. It’s ideal for business owners who want to earn travel rewards for company purchases. You’ll earn 1.5 miles per dollar on every purchase – a relatively high rewards rate considering the card has no annual fee.
The card also comes with a decent sign-up bonus of 20,000 miles – equal to $200 in travel – if you spend $3,000 in the first 3 months.
- Earn 1.5 miles per $1 on every purchase, every day
- Plus, a one-time bonus of 20,000 miles once you spend $3,000 on purchases within the first 3 months
- Miles don’t expire, and there are no categories to limit where or what you buy
- Save on interest with 0% intro APR on purchases for 9 months; 13.24%-21.24% variable APR after that
- Pay no annual fee or foreign transaction fees
- Get online Quarterly and Year-End Summaries
- There’s no limit to the amount of miles you can earn and miles don’t expire
- Fly on any airline, anytime, with no blackout dates or seat restrictions
One interesting (and actually quite convenient) thing about using your miles is that you can redeem miles after you make travel purchases, or you can book directly through Capital One using their online portal (or by calling 800-228-3001). When you click to redeem miles, you get a bunch of options; under ‘Travel’ you’ll see you can book directly in their portal (a partnership with Orbitz) or use ‘Purchase Eraser’ to redeem against travel purchases you already made:
This can be great for businesses; anyone at a company can book travel, and you can make it a redemption after the fact, without giving everyone access to the logged-in card dashboard.