Sorry, no listings were found.
This article is one of the best pieces we’ve seen about the current state of the upgrade game and how airlines decide who to upgrade. It lays out the best ways to make sure you get upgraded, even if you don’t have status or don’t even fly that much:
- Use miles: If you buy an economy fare, you can often still use frequent-flier miles to buy an upgrade.
- Bid on an upgrade using Plusgrade.
- Pick your plane: Alter your strategy based on the number of premium seats aboard your flight. FlightNuts recommends SeatGuru.
- Avoid business routes: Flights with a lot of business travelers tend to have the most elite upgrade competition, so avoid them.
- Track your flight capacity: Use your airline’s mobile app (many now have real time upgrades info) or a site like ExpertFlyer.com to keep tabs on how quickly premium seats are being snatched up for your particular flight.
You can also buy upgrade miles here!
Latest FlightNuts Listings
- i have a $500 Delta Airline Giftcard which can be used to put towards any flight on Delta Airlines (115026 views)
- Lufthansa 260,000 (1198 views)
- Mentoring Matters – Need Miles For Florida Trip (1177 views)
- American/United/More (928 views)
- AAdvantage, Alaska, Jetblue, Southwest, Virgin America (642 views)